BetterEvaluation is a knowledge platform and global community. They envision a world of better evaluation, better decisions, and better results for people and the planet.
Running since 2012, their work on ‘evaluation’ includes the full range of monitoring and evaluation activities, frameworks, and systems, and includes evaluations of a project, program, policy, product, network, organisation, or strategy. It also includes evaluations that are known by different labels, such as impact assessment, impact measurement, or return on investment. BetterEvaluation engages with individuals, organisations, and networks to bring together knowledge about evaluation from different sectors, disciplines, regions, languages and contexts.
Area of accessibility
Several (strategies and methods to adapt evaluation to the specific needs of our target groups)
Why is it a good practice in the accessibility area?
Better Evaluation is, above all, a useful tool for trainers and youth workers to improve their evaluation methods and strategies, with resources available in several languages. As a platform it gathers information and guidance on more than 300 methods and processes used in evaluation, being a useful tool that can help trainers / youth workers to rethink:
- The way they assess the achievements and involvement of their target groups in their activities.
- The way they assess the outcome and impact of those activities.
- Why the evaluation is being done
- How evaluation is done
- Who is doing the evaluating
- What is being evaluated
- For whom evaluation is being done
- Identify locally relevant evaluation questions
- Improve accuracy and relevance of reports
- Establish and explain causality
- Improve program performance
- Empower participants
- Build capacity
- Develop leaders and build teams
- Sustain organizational learning and growth
GEI – Global Evaluation Initiative
GEI is a global network of organizations and experts supporting country governments to strengthen monitoring, evaluation, and the use of evidence in their countries.