Digitópia is a digital music platform based at Casa da Música in Oporto, which encourages the act of listening, performance and musical creation.
Based on digital tools, although not exclusively, Digitópia emphasizes collaborative musical creation, software design, music education, social inclusion, aiming to emerge multicultural communities of performers, composers, curious and music lovers.
Digitopia offers different software where it is possible to explore several sounds and ways of creating music, through simple games available for free on the project’s website and developed in partnership with other cultural and creative organizations.
Performers, composers, curious and music lovers (every age).
- To encourage group work between peers or, alternatively, also between participants of different ages.
- Knowing how to combine different rhythmic elements in a playful and creative way.
- Giving the possibility, even to those who do not have formal music knowledge, to be able to use rhythmic and melodic patterns in a fun way.
- Ability to work in team
- Improving your digital skills
Why is it a good practice in the digital area?
- The software / music games are immediate and intuitive.
- It’s easy to use and to share.
- It does not require specific musical or digital skills, but helps to develop them.
Depending on the activity and on how the youth worker will use the tools available.
Depending on the activity