Red REMA - REMA 360º- Escape Room
Red Rema Escape Room is a virtual and physical escape room to learn about our seafaring culture that is included as part of the Network of Atlantic Museum Spaces (REMA).
REMA is the first specialized network of contents related to maritime culture. Its aim is to enhance the value of the material and immaterial heritage linked to the sea.
REMA is made up of spaces with a common interest in preserving maritime culture and history. Its members safeguard the maritime heritage for different interest groups: tourists, schoolchildren, researchers and the general public.
The Escape Room activity is a strategy and skill game.
- In The Physical Escape Room Participants will have to go through 27 museum spaces in the REMA network, trying to uncover a mystery that has been hidden for a long time. To do so, they will have to find clues, solve riddles… learning aspects of our seafaring culture that will allow them to advance in the plot. The winning school, and its representatives, is presented with a prize.
- In the Virtual Escape Room, students can play the game individually on their own computer, including a countdown (60 minutes) and a scoring system. Each player/school/team will get a final score, and the final ranking will be established.
It is playable directly on the web too, as an access code is given to the finalists. Following the “story” and plot of the previous virtual phase, and following the graphic style and the main characters, a final adventure is established in a new scenario, which they go through in 2D, in which they are able to collect objects, use them in different areas of the scenarios, solve tests…
Exploiting the full potential of this possibility to bring up topics related to inclusion and diversity on the public agenda by using online and social media requires a professional and strategic approach, being based on the development of competences in various fields. This includes developing a strategy for the business aspect of an Online Social Enterprise: how to reach a big audience and how to develop your profile as an Online Social Entrepreneur. Furthermore, it is important to develop competences on how to make use of the benefits of online media and social media in a competent way, while using these media in a healthy and sustainable way, without being affected by online safety issues or other online threats. The Influencers project provides a structured approach for both areas: developing competences in media and online literacy and starting and developing a career as an Online Social Entrepreneur.
The activity is aimed at students aged 10 to 14.
- Educational goals
- Promotion of heritage and maritime culture
- Community engagement
- Respect for the environment or the conservation of heritage wealth
- Creative thinking and strategy
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Digital skills
- Teamwork and personal development
- Social and emotional engagement
- Respect for the environment
- Conceptual understanding
- Equality between men and women
- Conservation of heritage wealth
Why is it a good practice in the creative area?
An escape game is an innovative game format merging several aspects, which can create a powerful learning experience. First of all, an escape game is collaborative where the group works to achieve a common goal. Then, it combines many types of exercises and games which can stimulate the players imagination and problem solving. Lastly it allows to deliver serious knowledge in a very playful manner, where many kids will not realize they are learning.
In this specific experience, children get to know the rich maritime heritage of the Atlantic coast, at the same time reinforcing values associated both with the exhibition spaces as well as the game and the history behind it. They will learn the importance of respect for the environment, equality between men and women or the conservation of heritage wealth.
- One responsible for giving the activity or workshop, usually a facilitator, educator.
- External collaborator ( personnel responsible for the children, young people or adults who participate in that said location. It is important to involve them as an important part of the process).
- The Virtual Escape Room game lasts 60 minutes.
- The Physical Escape Room in the museum usually lasts 60 minutes too but timing can be adapted according to the museum where it is performed.
European Maritime and Fisheries Fund, Xunta de Galicia and Grupos de Acción Local do Sector Pesqueiro.